Benefits of SCRIP
- SCRIP dollars for local retailers (Hy-Vee and County Fair) benefit you by reducing tuition for your family.*
- SCRIP dollars not applied to tuition benefit the General Fund of WCS.*
- SCRIP dollars benefit our local retailers as we support them with our business.
- SCRIP is accepted almost everywhere. A list of participating businesses is available by clicking either link for a downloaded list
SCRIP Retailers - Alphabetical
* Please see the Important Information Regarding SCRIP Designations section below for information on how SCRIP dollars may be applied.
Watertown Christian School offers two options for ordering SCRIP
1. On-Line via the Great Lakes SCRIP Center ShopWithScrip program
ShopWithScrip.com is a free online tool from Great Lakes Scrip Center (GLSC). It allows families to place their own scrip orders online. ShopWithScrip® makes ordering a breeze for families by offering a complete listing of retailers carried by GLSC, as well as any local retailers’ scrip products your coordinator adds to the site.
With participating retailers, you can Reload funds onto gift cards you already own, and print your own ScripNow!™ eGiftCards in minutes when you pay for your order online with PrestoPay™. You won’t have to wait for a physical card to ship - perfect for last-minute purchases!
Plus, you can place your orders literally any time of day or night, 365 days a year, from any internet-connected computer or device!
Getting started is easy:
1. Go to www.ShopWithScrip.com and click on ‘Create Account’ in the green family sign up box.
2. Fill in all required personal information and click ‘I Accept.’
3. Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
4. Enter our enrollment code. By entering this code, your account will be associated with Watertown Christian School. Please call for our WCS SCRIP Enrollment Code.
5. While you are there, sign up for PrestoPay so you can pay for your SCRIP directly from your checking account!
Learn more about setting up ShopWithScrip**
2. Submitting a written order form with payment to the WCS main office
You may continue to order SCRIP (both local and GLSC) by completing the Written Order Form**, available by clicking the link at the left and submitting it with your payment to the WCS office during normal business hours. Written SCRIP orders are due by 9:00 am the first and third Tuesdays of each month (during the school year) and will be available for pickup early the following week. Call WCS office for more information.
Important Information Regarding SCRIP Rebate Designations
Watertown Christian School (WCS) has received a ruling from the IRS regarding the SCRIP programs presently being used by exempt organizations such as WCS.
The SCRIP percentage rebates earned through purchases from HyVee and County Fair may be used for your child’s tuition, lunch account, and other family expenses charged by WCS. You may also designate the rebate to be used for students other than your own. In these instances, a charitable contribution deduction is not allowed. If you wish these rebates to qualify for a charitable contribution deduction, you will have to designate the rebate as a contribution to the WCS Scholarship Fund, or General Fund. You will receive a receipt each January for these contributions.
The SCRIP percentage rebates earned through purchases from GLSC (Great Lakes SCRIP Center--INCLUDING ShopWithScrip and ScripNow products) are automatically transferred to the WCS General Fund and qualify as charitable contributions. You will receive a receipt each January for these contributions.